Digital Color Meter
NOTE: Beginning December 31st, 2017, development of Studiocode and iCoda will stop and new licenses will not be available for purchase. Please consider Vosaic as a replacement. Read More.
To find the value of a given on-screen color, try the following. This is often useful for building Code Windows that reflect your organization's brand.
- Single click on the Desktop
- Press SHIFT+COMMAND+u which will take you to Utilities
- Double click on Digital Color Meter to open it
- Set the Display menu to the desired setting. (In the pic below, it's set to "sRGB")
- Hover your mouse over the desired area on the screen and the Digital Color Meter will give you the corresponding color value
- Use the values to set the background color of your Code Window