Insufficient Write Privileges when Registering or Deregistering Studiocode
When attempting to register or deregister Studiocode, you may receive a message that states your user doesn't have sufficient write privileges necessary to complete the process. If that's the case, this can be remedied by simply doing the following.
1. Quit Studiocode.
2. Single click anywhere on the Desktop, then click on the Finder menu in the top left near the Apple and select Preferences.
3. In the "General" pane, check all the boxes so that all items are visible. Then close the window.
4. Single click on the Macintosh HD on the Desktop, then press COMMAND+i on the keyboard which will open up a tall window
5. Toward the bottom, click on triangle just to the left of "Sharing & Permissions:" so that it's pointing downwards (see pic)
6. Click on the lock to unlock it. You'll probably have to enter your admin password
7. Click on the + symbol
8. In the window that opens, single click on the name of the user you are logged in as, then click "Select". Often, when you try to add it to the list, it will fail to do so the first few times. So you might need to repeat this step multiple times (sometimes it takes more than 5 tries)
9. Once you see the user in the Sharing & Permissions list, change the Privilege to "Read & Write".
10. Close the window and accept the changes
11. Launch Studiocode, go to Studiocode > Change registration code, enter the license and attempt to register or deregister again.