Creating Custom Settings in Elgato Turbo.264 HD
The Turbo 264 HD is software that is made by Elgato. This third party tool is used to transcode movie files that have been recorded on camcorders or other devices outside of Studiocode, into a standard format that is optimal for the constant fast forward and rewinding that is typical with Studiocode. Purchase the Turbo 264 HD here.
Other benefits of purchasing the Turbo include:
- batch transcoding (e.g. many movie files in succession without having to manually start each)
- stitching movies (i.e. if your recorded event was broken up into multiple movie files on the recording device)
- very user friendly
Follow the steps below in order to learn how to enter the custom settings which will yield a good balance of video quality, file size, and smoothness of playback when transcoding movie files for use in Studiocode.
1. Launch Turbo and click and drag the desired movie(s) into the window
2. Click on the Format menu and choose Edit
3. In the window that opens, set the menus according to the picture below. Then, single click on the menu item just underneath Custom settings.
4. Type the name of the preset as desired, and press RETURN on the keyboard. Typically, something like "Studiocode Settings" works well.
5. Click OK and you'll be returned to the main Turbo window. Now, whenever you use the Turbo to transcode movies, simply choose the "Studiocode Settings" preset from the Format menu.
Click here to watch how to transcode movies with the Turbo.264 HD.