Installing & Registering Studiocode on Mac OS X 10.9
NOTE: Beginning December 31st, 2017, development of Studiocode and iCoda will stop and new licenses will not be available for purchase. Please consider Vosaic as a replacement. Read More.
INSTALLING & REGISTERING STUDIOCODE ON MAC OSX 10.9
1. Click on the link to download the appropriate Studiocode installer for your machine
2. Once the download is complete, double click on the package icon in the window that opens to begin the installation.
Then Just keep selecting the affirmative answer: i.e. Continue, Continue, Agree, etc.
3. Once Studiocode is installed, single click on the desktop anywhere
4. Press SHIFT+COMMAND+A on the keyboard. This opens Applications
5. Click and drag Studiocode out of Applications down to the dock so a shortcut is on the dock
6. Single click anywhere on the Desktop, then click on the Finder menu in the top left near the Apple and select Preferences
7. In the "General" & "Sidebar" panes, check all the boxes so that all items are visible. Then close the window.
8. Single click on the Macintosh HD on the Desktop, then press COMMAND+i on the keyboard which will open up a tall window
9. Toward the bottom, click on triangle just to the left of "Sharing & Permissions:" so that it's pointing downwards (see pic)
10. Click on the lock to unlock it. You'll probably have to enter your admin password
11. Click on the + symbol
12. In the window that opens, single click on the name of the user you are logged in as, then click "Select". Often, when you try to add it to the list, it will fail to do so the first few times. So you might need to repeat this step multiple times (sometimes it takes more than 5 tries)
13. Once you see the user in the Sharing & Permissions list, change the Privilege to "Read & Write"
14. Close the window and accept the changes
15. Launch Studiocode from the Dock
16. Choose "Online" if prompted.
17. Enter the Studiocode license in the window exactly as it has been given to you:
18. Once you enter the Reg Code correctly, you will receive a green check. Once you get the green check, single click on "Register Online". Wait for the progress bar to fill up and to receive a message that says something like "Registration was successful." If you get any other message than this, write it down and let me know before moving on.
19. If registration is successful, then launch Studiocode.
20. If any windows open, check the box that says "Do not show at Startup" before Accepting.
21. Submit your registration info here.