Studiocode AVF Capture Window Settings for Blackmagic UltraStudio Mini Recorder
If you are using the Blackmagic UltraStudio Mini Recorder to capture HD video in the Studiocode AVF Capture Window, the following instructions detail the typical settings to establish prior to the first time you capture.
If you are unsure about whether the following settings meet your needs, please contact email@example.com, or your Vosaic representative.
1. Connect the Blackmagic device to the Mac via firewire, thunderbolt or USB-C cable, and turn on the camcorder. The camcorder does not need to be recording, but it needs to be on.
2. Ensure that the correct version of the Blackmagic software (drivers) is installed and configured properly.
3. Launch Studiocode
4. Ensure that the Studiocode Capture Preferences are configured as desired.
5. Go to Capture > Open Capture Window , or (COMMAND+r).
6. Hover the mouse over the capture window so the capture toolbar is visible. Then single click on the i icon.
7. The Inspector window will open. Single click on the Compression icon.
8. Single click on HD 720 in the Presets list and click the + symbol.
9. Single click on the newly created HD 720 copy Preset, wait one second, then single click on it again so that you can rename it to HD 720 2k.
10. Set the Codec to H264 the bitrate to 2000.
11. At the top of the Inspector, single click on the General tab.
12. Ensure that the menus match the ones pictured below.
13. Once set properly, the changes should be reflected in the Preset window on the Capture Window.